W Bali Presents Fuel Me Up
W Retreat & Spa, BaliSat Oct 22nd 2016 at 04:30 until 17:30
Bali, Jl Petitenget, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Denpasar, Seminyak https://www.myguidebali.com/events/w-bali-presents-fuel-me-up BOOK NOW
A one - hour session of combat for charity in support of UNICEF. Unleash your inner warrior.
W Bali Presents Fuel Me Up
Saturday (22 October 2016) & Friday (28 October 2016)
4.30PM - 5.30PM
Instructor : Yoni ( BALI FITNESS SEMINYAK )
IDR 150.000 NET
Incl. Mineral Water
FIT Blended Shooter
24/7 AWAY Spa Vouchers
Explore and Reserve HERE.
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND ‘UNICEF’
UNICEF is the United Nations Children's Fund, the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. It works in 190 countries and territories with a focus on improving the lives of the most disadvantaged and excluded children.
Established in 1946, UNICEF is the leading humanitarian agency working globally for the rights of every child. Child rights begin with safe shelter, nutrition, protection from disaster and conflict and traverse the life cycle: pre-natal care for healthy births, clean water and sanitation, health care and education.
Since 1996, Starwood Hotels & Resorts have supported UNICEF projects in more than 15 countries across the Asia Pacific region, helping towards all areas of UNICEF’s work including child survival, child protection, education and emergency relief.
In 2016, UNICEF and Starwood Hotels & Resorts celebrated 20 years of the Check Out for Children partnership.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
UNICEF’S CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
From 2016, Check Out for Children donations from Starwood Hotels (APAC) will be supporting UNICEF’s Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) projects across Asia and the Pacific.
Worldwide, almost 750 million people lack access to safe drinking water and an estimated 2.5 billion people lack access to proper sanitation facilities.
Providing sanitation and clean drinking water to every child, everywhere is core to UNICEF’s work.
Working directly with community-based organizations, communities, families and schools, UNICEF helps to ensure that every child has access to a clean and secure supply of water and safe sanitation facilities. Through hygiene promotion – and especially the promoting of hand-washing with soap – UNICEF focuses on child survival, growth and development.
UNICEF works towards making schools healthier and more attractive to children, especially girls, through WASH in Schools programs. Healthier children are more effective learners, and girls who spend less time fetching water have more time for school. Helping to build separate sanitation facilities in schools reduces drop-out rates, especially among girls. Hygiene promotion in schools creates conditions where children themselves are agents for change in their communities.
Together we will
• Deliver water, sanitation and hygiene in school – improve the health of school-ages children, highlighting the need for hygiene promotion, water, sanitation and hand-washing facilities in schools
• Provide WASH in emergencies – UNICEF is the lead emergency agency in the WASH sector and responds with water, sanitation, hygiene interventions in hundreds of emergencies each years
• Improve sanitation – the elimination of open defecation in communities by empowering communities to create local solutions to latrine construction
• Promote hygiene – Hand-washing promotion by community workers and the empowerment of children as agents of change within their communities
• Improve water quality – activities include the promotion of safe water storage and handling practices and household water treatment
• Improve supply – Improve water service sustainability by strengthening operation and maintenance
• Impact environment – UNICEF is holistic in its approach to redress climate change and environmental sustainability by promoting behavioural change around water conservation, efficiency and supply
My Guide Website?