Bali: 3-Day Balinese Surya Yoga & Meditation Retreat1 Reviews
Experience one of the oldest spiritual ashrams in the world that they was created thousands of years ago in the Himalayas. Gain access to learning traditional Balinese meditation on this 3-day retreat in a quiet traditional village in Tabanan.
- Try out Surya Yoga, one of the 13 original styles with an ancient history
- Master Balinese Tai Chi (Tali Rasa) meditation
- Learn from teachers who have been studying and teaching for decades
- Stay in a homestay or guest house accommodation in a traditional village surrounded by rice paddies
- Experience local activities ranging from blessing rituals, coconut oil making, cooking class, farming, martial arts and many more
DescriptionExperience one of the oldest spiritual ashrams in the world (Pasraman Seruling Dewata) which still conserves the original 13 types of yoga as how they have created thousands of years ago in the Himalayas, as well as the access to learning traditional Balinese meditation. Nowadays, these 13 types of original yoga are only available in Mount Batukaru, Tabanan in where you will be spending your 3-day retreat. Learn about Surya Yoga and Balinese meditation from two of the best teachers on the island, I Gede Arya and Krishna. I Gede Arya started to learn Balinese traditional yoga and healing meditation by the age of 17 in 1993. He is a disciple of the 9th generation of Perguruan Seruling Dewata in Bali. He specialises in the Watukaru yoga tradition (Balinese traditional yoga) of Perguruan Seruling Dewata, Balinese traditional meditation, and snake style of martial arts (silat). He is committed to conserving the ancient Balinese Yoga tradition, meditation, and silat by founding these retreats. Krishna is a traditional Balinese Watukaru Yoga and meditation teacher. She's been studying and teaching Balinese Yoga, meditation, pranayama and charka opening for the past 10 years. Her hands-on approach, passion for teaching and loving smiles are mind-blowing and will certainly help you deepen your Yoga and meditation practice. During this 3-day retreat, stay at any homestay or guest house accommodation, spreading across the Sesandan Megati Village nestled in the quiet traditional village surrounded by the rice paddy farmlands. Aside from yoga and meditation, you will also interact with the locals and do local activities such as blessing ritual, coconut oil making, cooking class, farming, martial arts, waterfall visit and many more.
Includes2 nights accommodation Daily morning and afternoon Balinese Watukaru yoga session Daily chakra meditation session Tali Rasa (Balinese Tai Chi) 1 beach yoga session All live events in the village (ceremonial events, spiritual event, etc.) 1 Balinese cooking class 1 Balinese Hindu preparation class (making canang, kelatkat, etc.) 1 Balinese music class (gamelan) 1 modern or traditional massage 1 Balinese traditional oil making class Visit to a local waterfall 1 Balinese Pencak Silat (martial art) session Daily vegetarian/vegan/ regular meals Tea, coffee, and water Internet access 1 rice farming class Trekking inside the village Insurance Hotel transfers
- This retreat is most suitable for those who are still a beginner in Yoga and meditation
- During the retreat, you will be served 3 daily meals, most of them are Balinese cuisine and there is the option to request vegetarian or vegan meals
- There are several different locations of homestay or guest house accommodation, spreading across Sesandan Megati village; it takes about 5 to 15 minutes to drive from each location of accommodation to reach the yoga area and dining area; your local operator will provide transport to connect each location of homestay or guest house accommodation to the yoga area and dining area
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability