My Guide Website?
Pura Ulun Danu Beratan Temple Complex: A Bali Walking Tour
Marvel at iconic temples floating majestically on the misty Lake Beratan on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive stroll through the temple complex.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bali:If youʻre booking your trip to Bali last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bali: Full-Day Instagram Highlights Tour
- Bali: Sunrise Mount Batur Hike with Breakfast
- Bali: Tanah Lot Temple Guided Tour
- Bali: Ubud Rice Terraces, Temples and Volcano Day Trip
- Komodo Islands: Private 2-Day Tour on a Wooden Boat
- Take in the enchanting temple complex on the shores of Lake Beratan
- Learn from Ibu Febri, a passionate local
- Do it all in 45 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionVisit one of Bali’s renowned UNESCO heritage sites, the eleven-tiered Ulun Danu Beratan Temple that seemingly floats on Lake Beraton’s shimmering waters in the province of Bedugul. Along with telling you about this stunning water temple which has great significance for Hindu Shaivites, on this walking tour I’ll also show you other important cultural and religious structures in the temple complex, including the Tunjung Beji Ulun Danu Beratan Temple, the Pura Dalem Purwa Ulun Danu Beratan, and the stupa of Beratan, a place of worship for Buddhists. While you walk around the complex, taking in the colourful and intricately carved structures, I’ll tell you about the origins of these ancient temples. Their story is connected to the birth of the Balinese Hindu religion, the largest of six officially recognised religions on the island of Bali. I’ll also reveal why Hindu shrines are always built with an odd number of tiers, which never exceeds eleven. On this tour, you’ll have the chance to: • Hear about Bali’s sacred trees and the wonderful Bell Tower or Kulku as you wind your way through the gardens • Find out the significance of each temple and maybe even get a glimpse of ceremonies in progress • Get a close-up of the craftsmanship behind each temple • Learn about the mysterious ritual items stored in each level of the eleven-tiered temple • Listen to stories about the neighbouring village communities who grow rice and have a strong connection to the water temple • Stroll through peaceful gardens filled with fragrant flowers Once you have paid the entry fee (not included in the price of this tour), our 45-minute walk starts just outside the Ticket Office, and guides you through the entire temple complex. You’ll leave with a greater insight into the traditions and ceremonies that take place every day throughout Bali. Join me for a memorable walk through this picturesque and historical site.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.