My Guide Website?
Seminyak's Backlanes and Hidden Sites: A Self-Guided Tour
Soak up the rich history of Bali’s resort district and its abandoned villas on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive stroll through Seminyak.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bali:If youʻre booking your trip to Bali last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bali: Mount Batur Sunrise Hike and Natural Hot Spring
- Mt. Batur: 2 Day Camping Trip, Summit Hike, and Hot Springs
- Bali: Twin Lakes, Handara Gates, and Forest Trekking Tour
- Bali: Melasti Beach Kecak Dance Show Tickets
- North Lombok: Sendang Gile Waterfall & Senaru Village Tour
- Explore the hidden side of Seminyak on this captivating walking tour
- Hear from the producer, Bali Walking Tours, a specialist travel company
- Do it all in 40 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionBali’s Seminyak area has attracted visitors, kings and international designers alike with its picturesque beaches, high-end villas and luxury hotels and spas. On this walking tour, you’ll go off of the tourist track and down backlanes and side streets to see a side of the resort district that most people miss. From Seminyak Beach to Petitenget Beach, I’ll share some of Bali’s rich heritage that’s often hidden in plain sight, like what the symbols carved into wooden doors mean and why there are so many statues. Along the way, I’ll share the link between Indonesian property laws and the many abandoned villas and vacant plots of land that you’ll see. I’ll point out local shops and restaurants like Kim Soo’s Homewares and Cafe, and the Sea Circus Restaurant & Bar. I’ll also show you one of the last remaining rice fields in Seminyak and tell you about the family that grows and harvests the rice. On this Bali tour, you’ll have the opportunity to: • Find out about some of Seminyak’s famous hotels and restaurants • See a local cemetery and traditional Balinese houses • Browse fabulous interior decorating shops • Visit Pura Petitenget Masceti Temple, a traditional sea temple • Experience the thrill of finding a bargain at the Seminyak Flea market • Have the chance to enroll in a traditional Balinese cooking class Join me on this 40-minute walk and see another side to Seminyak. By the end of the tour, you’ll have a new appreciation for Balinese history and traditions.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.