My Guide Website?
Bali: Mount Agung Sunrise Trekking Experience27 Reviews
Join a challenging Mount Agung hiking experience to witness a spectacular sunrise. Admire views of Mount Rinjani on Lombok island, and the Caldera Batur crater.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bali:If youʻre booking your trip to Bali last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bali: Mount Batur Sunrise Hike and Natural Hot Spring
- Mt. Batur: 2 Day Camping Trip, Summit Hike, and Hot Springs
- Bali: Twin Lakes, Handara Gates, and Forest Trekking Tour
- Bali: Melasti Beach Kecak Dance Show Tickets
- North Lombok: Sendang Gile Waterfall & Senaru Village Tour
- Hike up to the highest volcano in Bali
- Experience the best sunrise view from the top of Mount Agung
- Enjoy an adventurous hike with breakfast on top of the Volcano
- Travel by air-conditioned car with an English-speaking driver
DescriptionThere are two common hiking routes up the mountain, which you will need to choose between. Mount Agung Hike via Besakih Temple (from the West) The most challenging yet rewarding route for hiking up Mount Agung. The hike starts near the Besakih Temple, also called the Mother Temple of Bali. You'll be hiking through the dense jungle of Besakih. The ascent will take approximatively 6 to 7 hours, and ends at the very highest point of the mountain. The final hour or so is exceptionally demanding, often requiring climbing up the mountain on all fours. The hike starts at about 11.00 PM, so that you arrive at the top before dawn. From here, you are able to witness the stunning sunrise overlooking Mount Rinjani in Lombok. You will also have a masjestic view of the giant crater of Caldera Batur, and Lake Batur. Mount Agung Hike via Pasar Agung Temple (from the South) This is an easier, 3-4 hour hike in which you will ascend about 2,000 meters. It's not as challenging as the Besakih Temple route. The hike ends about 100 meters below the actual summit, but the views are still excellent in all directions, as well as down into the crater. The starting time will be about 2:00 AM, with the aim of reaching the peak just before dawn.
IncludesPrivate hotel pickup and drop-off Entrance fee to Karangasem Trekking ticket Use of hiking sticks and flashlight Trekking guide Breakfast Soft drink Insurance
- The hikes are challenging. Travelers should be physically fit and have some trekking experience
- It takes 4-6 hours to reach the top of the volcano