My Guide Website?
Mount Batur: Black Lava Cycling Tour w/ Natural Hot Spring45 Reviews
Admire the beauty of Mount Batur and its surroundings on a bicycle adventure. Explore a vast area of black cold lava with a local guide. Swim at a natural hot spring with wonderful views of Lake Batur and the volcano. Refuel with an included breakfast.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bali:If youʻre booking your trip to Bali last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Go adventure cycling through the lava streams of Bali’s sacred Mount Batur
- Ride around an active volcano's beautiful caldera lake and see black lava stones
- Enjoy a refreshing shower after your bike ride at the modern Mt. Batur Lounge
- Soak in a natural hot spring and relieve your aching muscles
- Savor a delicious breakfast with views of the mountain and lake
DescriptionHead away from the regular tourist itinerary and get off the beaten track on this 2-hour cycling tour through the black lava stones of Mount Batur. Ride for 11 kilometers (almost 7 miles) along a track surrounded by fantastic views of both the ocean and mountains. Experience the altogether different thrill of cycling around this sacred volcano's rim, whether you've already hiked up it or not. Following pickup from your accommodation, enjoy breakfast at a restaurant before the transfer to Bungklambu on the west of the largest lake in Bali, Lake Batur. Pass by the recent volcanic area on the way then hop on to your mountain bike to begin your cycling tour. Ride through rocky black lava left over from past eruptions on the most challenging track that Mount Batur can offer. Follow your local guide through Batur UNESCO Global Geopark, unique for being a “caldera within a caldera”. The two craters present a complete volcanic landscape with walls, cones, geothermal phenomena, a lake, lava flows, and more. Stop at one of the hot springs that fall under this unique terrain to soothe your muscles after the adventure. Before and after your bike ride, enjoy the exclusive use of Mt. Batur Lounge, the only villa-style lounge around with clean, modern toilets and a comfortable shower facility. After refreshing yourself in the showers, enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee in the lounge. Next, make your way to Toya Bungkah Village and enjoy the beauty and fresh air of the mountain and the lake. Conclude this journey at a natural hot spring where you can just relax and admire the clear blue water of the spring.
IncludesCycling guide Bike Helmet Mineral water Breakfast or Lunch (choose one) Natural hot spring entrance Towel Shower facilities (limited availability) Access to Mt. Batur Lounge Modern toilets in the lounge Return transfers Hot drinks at the lounge
- Please take short pants or a swimsuit, a change of dry clothes, sunscreen, a hat, sports shoes or strapped sandals, and extra money for drinks and souvenirs The shower facilities are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis