My Guide Website?
3-Day Excursion to Mount Bromo and Ijen Crater from Bali23 Reviews
Travel from Bali to East Java on a 3-day overland excursion. Hike up majestic Mount Bromo and marvel at the blue fire inside the Mount Ijen crater.
- Enjoy a spectacular sunrise at Mount Bromo
- Take in area views from the crater of the Mount Bromo volcano
- Marvel at the famous blue fire of Mount Ijen
DescriptionSpend 3 days exploring the volcanic landscapes of East Java. Take in a spectacular sunrise and panoramic views from the peak of Mount Bromo. Marvel at the blue flames on a descent into the Ijen crater. Detailed Itinerary Day 1: Bali–Gilimanuk Harbour–Mt. Bromo From western Bali travel by ferry to the eastern tip of Java. Drive to the Mount Bromo area, with a lunch stop along the way. On arrival, check in at the hotel. Day 2: Mt. Bromo–Banyuwangi (Ijen Crater) Very early in the morning, head to the rim of the Tengger caldera. Marvel at the panoramic views at sunrise with the active Mount Semeru volcano in the background. Continue to Mount Bromo. Take a short walk and climb the 240 stairs to the peak. After breakfast back at the hotel, drive to Banyuwangi, with a lunch break en route. Check in at the hotel. Day 3: Blue Fire Ijen Crater–Bali Just after midnight head out to the Ijen crater. Descend into the crater to see the amazing blue flames and the sulfur miners at work. Stop at the miner’s shack for a short rest and head back to the hotel for breakfast before the return trip to Bali.
IncludesAccommodation (1 night Bromo, 1 night Ijen) Entrance fees to Bromo and IJen Private transportation by air-conditioned car/minibus Boat/ferry fee English-speaking guide Fuel, parking and donation Mineral water
- Accommodation in Bromo will be Lava View or Bromo Permai
- Accommodation in Banyuwangi (Ijen) will be either Santika or Ketapang Indah, depending on availability
- All hotels are comfortable and overlook Bromo. They are equipped with sheets, clean running water and Wi-Fi, and serve continental breakfast
- Please bring a warm jacket, hiking shoes, standard mask and a camera