My Guide Website?
Bali: Mount Batur Guided Sunrise Trek with Breakfast302 Reviews
Catch the sun rising above the clouds as you climb Bali's UNESCO-listed Mount Batur. Enjoy breakfast at the summit with your guide as you witness the sky gradually change color.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bali:If youʻre booking your trip to Bali last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Watch the sunrise over the clouds at Bali’s sacred Mount Batur
- Trek 11 km (4 hours) through the jungle under a blanket of stars
- Summit at the volcanic crater lake and take in panoramic views at the summit ridge
DescriptionEmbark on a guided sunrise trek to the Mount Batur volcano on a full-day trip from Bali. Ascend this famous volcano which stands at 5,633 ft above sea level. Take in the views overlooking the crater lake while you enjoy breakfast at the summit. Get up early to begin their trek in time for the break of dawn. Enjoy a transfer from your hotel in Bali and arrive at the starting point at 3:40 AM for a short briefing and to receive your trekking gear. The trek to the summit of Mount Batur takes 1.5-2 hours, across 3.5 km. The total distance of the trail is approximately 11 km over 4 hours. Begin your hike before light, walking at cooler climes under an awe-inspiring blanket of stars. At the top, witness the sun come up over a sea of clouds before continuing to trek around the crater lake and summit ridge. You'll be given a hot beverage and a sandwich and egg to revive your spirits. After exploring recent lava flows and younger craters, head down to loop back to the starting point through a unique volcanic landscape full of native flora and fauna. Watch out for the tall grass with purple bloom and encounter mischievous Balinese long-tailed macaques along the way.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Trekking guide Entry tickets Breakfast Drinking water Flashlight Trekking pole (if needed) 1-hour hot springs visit (if option selected) Locker and towel (with hot springs option)
- The minimum suggested age to participate is 18 years old. Children can join the hike if they have a strong level of fitness
- A moderate amount of walking is involved in this activity
- Please note that the tour will start at 2:45AM for the trek briefing in the base camp. Hotel pick-up starts at 1:00AM depending on your hotel's location